Melee Battle Royale The Culling: Origins Is Returning To Xbox One.
Xaviant is pleased to announce the much-requested return of one of the earliest battle royale survival games, The Culling: Origins to Xbox One. The Culling Origins will once again be available for Xbox One players starting May 14.
The Culling: Origins will be on the Xbox Store for £5.99 and comes with a 1-day free trial before payment. Anyone who previously purchased The Culling Origins or downloaded the game while it was free-to-play will be able to play without additional purchase.
“The Culling is one of the pioneers of the Battle Royale genre and even today it stands alone as a unique up-close-and-personal combat experience,” said Josh Van Veld, Xaviant’s Director of Operations. “We get messages every day from players who want The Culling to come back and for the last several months we’ve been working to make that happen.”
“Our new approach focuses on sustainability – we’ve optimized our systems to keep server costs low and we’ve shifted our monetization approach to ensure that players will be able to visit the island for years to come. Initially, we’re focusing on Xbox One with this effort,” Van Veld concluded, “But we’re working to bring back the PC version in the future.”
The Culling: Origins will relaunch with the following updates:
- Players can play one free match online each day. Players can play additional matches through the following means:
- Winning an online match grants an Online Match Token
- Packs of Online Match Tokens can be purchased (3 tokens = £0.99, 10 tokens = £2.99, 20 tokens = £4.99)
- Online Passes providing unlimited online play can be purchased for 7 Days (£1.99) or 30 Days (£5.99)
- Xbox One graphical quality improved dramatically, rendering at 30% higher resolution with the addition of anti-aliasing and an improved framerate
- A.I. behaviour has been overhauled to provide a much more compelling and challenging offline experience
- Player stamina system has been tweaked – reducing the time it takes for stamina to fully regenerate
- The game no longer includes premium items or charges for crates. Players can level up, earn crates, and unlock airdrops through offline play.
- In order to keep the game alive indefinitely, a great deal of effort has been spent streamlining backend systems to reduce costs and improve efficiency.
- A side effect of this effort is that past saved games will be wiped and all previous unlocks have been reset.
About The Culling: Origins
Battle Royale is back! The game that took the world by storm in 2016 has returned to Xbox One. Now with a host of improvements and features, The Culling: Origins takes you back to the island where it all began… and asks whether you have the guts, brains, and skill required to survive. Welcome to The Culling. As a contestant on this deadly game show, you must explore, scavenge items, craft weapons, and build traps that will enable you to slay your fellow contestants and emerge victorious before the end of the round. Only with cunning, skill, and a little luck will you be able to prevail and survive the match.